Cool Mist vs Warm Mist Humidifiers：Choose The Best One For Your Family！
With the development of technology, people enjoy a greater life than before. They not only care more about the environment at home, but also places they work - factories, workshops and so on. Air humidity is increasingly considered as one of the factors related to environmental quality. That's why we need a humidifier to help balance the air humidity. The mass and complicated search results of humidifiers might confuse you before making a decision. Don't worry. In this article, you can get all the information you need to choose a humidifier that is suitable for your home or office.
Why We Need A Humidifier?
Reason 1: Family Health
As the environment indoor gets dry in winter, air humidity can not reach the standard humidity (40%RH-60%RH). A dry environment can lead to water loss of human bodies, accelerating the aging process. With a humidifier, you can take care of the health of your family members better by adding environmental humidity. In general, the temperature has the most direct effect on how people feel about their living environment. Similarly, the humidity will also affect people's life and health. With the improvement of people's living standards, air conditioning is widely used, leading to the breeding of certain diseases such as tight skin, dry mouth and tongue, cough, and cold.
Reason 2: Work Efficiency
Three basic factors related to the environment quality: 1. Air quality 2. Temperature 3. Relevant humidity The third one is the factor easily ignored by the public. Appropriate relative humidity makes a great difference to our work efficiency. Studies show that when the humidity reaches the range of 45~65%RH, and temperature is around 20°C to 25°C, our body will be in a good status. In an environment with proper humidity and temperature, you can achieve the maximum efficiency both at work or rest.
Reason 3: Other purposes
You can use a humidifier in other ways. It might serve as a sterilizer with just a few drops of vinegar. Mixing some lavender essential oil in the water used in the humidifier can improve your sleep quality. Proper air humidity in the room effectively keeps the wooden furniture in a good shape and prevents the wall from cracking, etc.
As we went through the reasons why we need a humidifier, you may make up your mind to buy one. Read on, you can get the details about the comparison between two common types of humidifiers：Cool Mist humidifiers and Warm Mist humidifiers.
As we can know from its name, cool mist humidifiers can improve the environment's humidity. They emit water vapor instead of steam. The water released from these devices is a little bit cooler than or equal to the room temperature. There are two types of cool mist humidifiers you can find in the market. Both of them can achieve the same goal - adding air humidity, but they do it differently because of their different mechanisms. Let's see these two kinds of humidifiers.
A cool mist evaporated humidifier consists of a water tank or reservoir, a wick, and a fan. The internal wick filter is used to absorb water while a fan blows the air through the filter at the same time. Through this process, water in the tank will be evaporated as a find and invisible mist, humidifying your room.
The water poured in into the device will be refined as a cool mist which even is invisible due to the appliance of ultrasonic vibration technology. With a plate of vibrating metal or ceramic vibrating at a high frequency, the machine can break the water molecules apart. This type of humidifier can save more energy compared with the warm mist humidifier, because ultrasonic humidifiers do not heat the water before emitting them into the environment. Get more information about ultrasonic humidifiers: Ultrasonic humidifiers boast a high efficiency in adding humidity. These devices can satisfy your demand in a relatively short time with less water compared to evaporative humidifiers. In other words, they can save more water and achieve the same goal for you.
Warm mist humidifiers work differently. As their name suggests, a warm mist humidifier disperses warm mist to increase humidity. With an internal heating element, they can boil the water inside to a high degree and disperse them outside without the help of a fan.
Merits & Demerits of Cool Mist Humidifiers
Merits of cool mist humidifiers
1. Safety If you raise a pet or have a baby at home, I believe that you may put safety in the first place. A cool mist humidifier is the better choice for you. A cool-mist humidifier has no heating component. That means you do not need to worry about the injury caused by hot water or surface. The hot water or steam emitted from a warm mist humidifier can hurt children or your pet. Even adults can be hurt if getting too closed.
2. Price After that, the second point you may concern about before buying a humidifier is the cost, which includes the initial price and the price for running it. When it comes to the initial price, you will find that cool-mist humidifiers are more affordable. They are more likely to be manageable and portable. Their mechanism decides how they work. Cool mist humidifiers can consume less energy to get the same result, reducing your expenses in an energy bill. Filters are widely used along with cool mist humidifiers to get rid of impurities from the water. These filters are able to prevent further breeding of bacteria. Also, minerals in the water will be left. Filters can also capture them in the water, reducing dust in the operation.
3. Better for Summer Cool mist humidifiers are more suitable for you to use in Summer. As we know, the mist from a cool mist humidifier has a temperature a little lower than the room temperature. In a word, using a cool mist humidifier in summer is a better choice for you.
Demerits of Cool Mist Humidifiers
Unlike the warm mist humidifiers, cool mist units do not boil the water before emitting them into the air. So the problem of bacteria is unavoidable. Ordinary tap water contains a lot of minerals and bacteria. If we do not clean it regularly, the mineral content and bacteria will be dispersed into the air along with the water mist. This kind of environment will be harmful to both human beings and items. There are two ways to solve this problem. The first one is using pure water, but you can imagine how much you must pay for running a cool mist unit. The second one is cleaning or replacing filters on a regular basis. It's not difficult, but it needs your patience and time.
Merits & Demerits of Warm Mist Humidifiers
Merits of Warm Mist Humidifiers
1.Noiseless As we mentioned above, you may remember that the evaporative humidifiers have fans. So one of the main advantages of warm mist humidifiers is that they can run quietly. If you are the one who hates noise during working. A warm mist humidifier will be a good choice for you.
2. Free from frequent cleaning A warm mist humidifier needs to heat the water in the tank before emitting. That means most of the bacterial will be eliminated in this process. The possibility of bacteria breeding will be reduced. Also, You don't need to clean the device frequently.
3. Better for winter Warm Mist Humidifiers are opposite to cool mist humidifiers. A warm mist humidifier is more proper to use in winter for its hot steam. It could add moisture to the air and warm the room at the same time. From this perspective, it can also be treated as a space heater, though it can only help slightly.
Demerits of Warm Mist Humidifiers
The biggest disadvantage of warm mist humidifiers is potential safety problems. These devices will get hot and disperse hot steam when in operation. If you get too close to certain components, it's easy to get burned for the surface with high temperatures. In such circumstances, you must pay more attention to your children or pets to avoid any safety problems. Compared with a cool-mist humidifier, a warm mist unit has low energy efficiency. Boiling water until it turns into the mist is the step need to consume a large quantity of energy during operation.
Cool Mist vs Warm Mist Humidifiers
All kinds of humidifiers have the following benefits: 1.Moisturize our skin 2.Protect your respiratory tracts 3.Make coughs more productive 4.Slow down the aging of items 5.Reduce the possibility of static electricity
Apart from these benefits, you can get from a humidifier. We list certain merits and demerits of both Cool and warm mist humidifiers individually. Though this article is about "Warm mist humidifiers vs Cool mist humidifiers", we would not give you a winner in this comparison. You had better make decisions according to your own situation. We will list some demand-orientated questions for you, which can help choose the most suitable type of humidifier.
1.Do you have children or pets at home? Safety is the major problem we must consider. If yes, we would advise you to choose a cool-mist humidifier.
2. Which season you will use the humidifier mostly. If you use your humidifier mostly in summer, a cool mist humidifier is a good choice.
3. Do you mind the noise caused by the operation? If yes, a warm mist humidifier is the best choice for you. An ultrasonic humidifier also is an option, for it has no fans.
4.Low or high energy efficiency? Cool mist humidifiers can surpass warm mist humidifiers in energy efficiency.
Through this article, we introduce the merits & demerits of both cool and warm mist humidifiers, and list some demand-orientated questions for you to choose a proper kind of humidifier that is suitable to your situation. We hope that the comparision between these two kinds of humidifiers can help. If you have any more questions, please leave them in the comments, we will reply to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your reading.